- The music world recently lost very talented composer, arranger, and jazz pianist Roberta Mandel. And her music and amazing chords live on! Playing with jazz bands
through the close of her 96th and final year on the planet, Roberta inspired the many people lucky to experience her music, her ideas, and her generosity.
- July 2015 to July 2021 New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) selections include Roberta Mandel's arrangement of Whispering, the beautiful song composed
by Schoeberger and Ms. Mandel's compositions Blues for James and
For Billy Strayhorn from Jazz Tunes for Friends. NYSSMA selected Oscar (inspired by Oscar Peterson)
and other piano solos in the book for their July 2012 to July 2015 festival performance manual. Arturo Sandoval performed Oscar at the Kennedy Center
for the Performing Arts.
- Sandscape Publications is happy to announce NYSSMA also selected clarinet solo Serenade and
clarinet duet books from the Animal Anthology series Land Lovers
and Water Play for their July 2018 to 2021 performance manual. NYSSMA also selected for their latest edition viola duet books from the Animal Anthology series
Land Lovers and Water Play.
- Standing Up For Us, with its gorgeous jazz chords (inspired by Roberta Mandel) and Latin sections, is available for
advanced flute and piano. Enjoy our newest composition!
- Valarie Morris is now taking accordion, piano, clarinet, and saxophone students, and students who want to explore arranging and composing. For lessons and
more information, email or call 505.995.0505.
- Listen to clips of Early Morning, Late Afternoon,
and Mid Night, our Handbell Trilogy for handbell choir. You can hear clips of other music on our instrument pages.
- NYSSMA selected works by Valarie Morris for viola, oboe, clarinet
English horn, bassoon, vibraphone, percussion ensemble, trombone, and vocal quartet for their 2015 to 2018 performance manual.
- Enjoy Shenandoah for alto sax and tenor sax!
- Valarie Morris' The 8-Minute Genetically-Modified Opera, the world's
shortest opera, was commissioned and premiered by William Ballowe and Elizabeth Mitchell in Santa Fe, NM. The composition was
later performed at Fuller Lodge Art Center in Los Alamos by the Amhran Trio featuring soprano Louise Mendius, John Hargreaves
(horn), and Cindy Little (piano).
- For commissions, please email your name and address or call 505.995.0505.